For St. Patty’s Day, Moxy, Lean, Ms. K, and I hung out downtown at Lockerbie Pub. Moxy’s buddy Alex joined the fun too. We all gulped moonshine, watched IU get whooped, and made friends with a guy named Nyle (no S!) Lean and I may or may not have also sat in her hoopty beltin’ our hearts out to the Indigo Girls for a few brief moments. (Could we be any cooler??) We left around midnight (to work on our knitting) while Moxy, Ms. K, and Alex lingered for awhile.
After Lean dropped me off, I realized I was missing an earring (barely seen here, here, and here). They’re my favorites so I was determined to retrieve the AWOL bauble. After dashing into the nearest phone both and slipping on my unitard and cape, I set off a series of text messages that would rock the city – such synchronicity, prowess, and ingenuity Indianapolis has never seen. My team of well-trained associates secured the missing item faster than Lean can fish a diaphragm from her purse in the shady back row of a darkened theatre. Behold, The Great St. Patty’s Day Earring Caper of 2007:
- 12:13 a.m. from me to Lean: Earring missing. N ur car?
- 12:20 a.m. from Lean to me: Does it look like an aquafina bottle? don’t see it now but will look in the morning.
- 12:20 a.m. from me to Lean: Thank u. My faves.
- 12:22 a.m. from me to Moxy: U still there? C my earring?
- 12:24 a.m. from me to Lean: Can u txt me Ms. K’s #? Gonna c if she can find earring
- 12:38 a.m. from Lean to me: ###-####
- 12:40 a.m. from me to Ms. K: Hey! It’s Mymsie. Lost 1 silver earring. U c it around there anywhere?
- 12:44 a.m. from Ms. K to me: Got it! giv 2 lean. u’r n my phone now.
- 12:45 a.m. from me to Ms. K: OMG thank u! They’re my faves! Yay!
- 12:47 a.m. from me to Lean: ta! Kathy found it!
- 12:57 a.m. from Moxy to me: On way home. Dang! They were cute. I will c if alx still there.
- 12:58 a.m. from me to Moxy: Ms. K found it!
- 12:59 a.m. from Moxy to me: Cool!
In the words of Ms. Barrymore, “…and that’s kickin’ your ass!”