- Over the weekend, I had a dream that someone in my Mom’s family died and left her a pig. I wanted her to keep it but she sold it. Later in the dream I went to a water park with Er-bear and ran into this guy who was holding a scared-looking bun.
- Yesterday I awoke with the word “besmirch” stuck in my noggin.
- This morning I found myself humming In the Meantime by Spacehog. It’s a great song but I haven’t heard it in ages.
Weird, huh? I guess my cluttered brain is trying to de-frag.
Remember when I got my first speeding ticket in July? I ended up having to pay $200 for that little bugger, which totally blows. I never got around to telling you about another fiasco that went down when I went to Brookville. B and Nuno and Er-bear and I were heading back to our cabins after a night of raucous drinking and karaoke. B forgot his wallet so we had to go back to the bar. On the way, an evil, predatory cop started following us and eventually pulled us over. He said that in the dark Indiana night he could tell I wasn’t wearing my seat belt. He took my license and registration and sat in his car for 20 minutes. He was totally trying to illicit a reaction from us but fortunately we knew better than to say anything, which would’ve just caused more trouble for us. He gave me a seat belt ticket, which is a $5 fine and a ticket for not signing my registration (redonk), which is a $1 fine. Here’s the kicker – I also have to pay $110 in court fees. ONE-HUNDRED AND TEN DOLLARS. Isn’t that bananas? May the mole on his heinie grow to be the size of a watermelon!
Over the weekend, Lean and Mox and I watched more of The Office and I can say with absolute certainty that my favorite episode is The Dundies. I peed my pants five times.
Yesterday, courtesy of Amy, I spent an inordinate amount of time playing with ElfYourself, quite possibly the best holiday merriment machine EVER. I made several, including this gem featuring Mymsie and the Dancing Abbys. (a must see!!)
P.S. Lately I can’t get enough of:
- Sea Legs by The Shins
- Supermassive Black Hole by Muse Makes me wanna dance! My favorite part is the “Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive” bit.
- Bodysnatchers by Radiohead My favorite part is the “I’m aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive” bit.
- Well Thought Out Twinkles by Silversun Pickups