I’m having trouble finding a blogging rhythm lately (#firstworldproblems). Thankfully I can always count on the tried and true bullet point format to help me out of a lurch.
- Thanks for all the chair feedback. I ended up returning the red ones. While they would’ve been great in some other iteration of my life, they didn’t quite suit the current one. Now onto fixing up the white chairs, which starts with cleaning and sanding them. Anyone have any DIY advice for this project? Can I just use sandpaper or do I need some über-sander?
- I’ve been reading this Manifesto of Encouragement every day when I first sit down at my desk. Keeping all that positivity in mind is a great way to start my day.
- My Dad and I are two peas in a pod:
- Me: I rammed the curb and took a big chunk out of my tire
- Pa: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God u continue in my odd tradition
- Me: I need to take my tire in to have it looked at. I hope it doesn’t burst
- Pa: if it were going to burst it would have done so on the spot
- Pa: trust me i know
- Pa: my previous multitude of smashages
- Me: it was such a mortification but it was at night and i thought it was time to turn but it was the sidewalk
- Pa: it is a mortification….God knows i know that feeling
- Pa: i don’t want to rejoice prematurely…….but i have only done it 1 or 2 times in months
- Pa: this is a great miracle
- Pa: for years i regularly burst tires
- When I first went veg, I made a promise to myself to try one new recipe each week. I did well for awhile but then got busy and ended up in a food rut. In an effort to get back in gear, I tried a simple recipe this week: a cold salad of asparagus and edamame dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, and a sprinkling of Parm. I never would’ve thought of that combination but it was delicious. Next up? Spanakopita, which I love but have never made from scratch.
- Did I tell you about the blackberry patch Abby found on the edge of the woods by my apartment? Now there’s a bun who hangs out there regularly, making the scene so picturesque, I can’t help but hum My Favorite Things every time I see it.
- Moxy’s birthday was yesterday and mine is Saturday so we’re celebrating tonight at The Melting Pot. None of us has been before, so we’re all excited about fondue fun. What’s the standard punishment for the first person who drops their bread in the cheese?
- I knitted and sewed Moxy’s birthday present and will post pictures tomorrow.